Wednesday 1 November 2023

3 types of games that I like :D

There are four types of video games that I absolutely love, even though some of my favourite video games don't fall underneath these categories.

One is anything that has a lot of places to explore. Exploration games, metroidvanias (surprisingly, I've never played any Metroid or Castlevania games, which I hope to do one day), open-world survival, and I guess I can include roguelikes, too. Just anything where I have the freedom to go around wherever I want, sometimes even aimlessly. Good exapmles of this are Rain World, Yume Nikki (and its fangames like .flow), Minecraft, most roguelikes I've played (e.g. Vagante), 

Second is a game where I can literally create a whole population from scratch. What I mean by "from scratch" is that I get to,  not only name the members of the population, but also design each and every one of them. For some reason, this kind of game is not that easy to come across - it's such a great concept. The strongest examples I have for this category are Tomodachi Life and The Sims (4 is the one that I play most). In these games, I've created societies that's made up of just my OCs and characters from IPs that I love. Another includes games where that use Miis both as playable characters and background characters (anything from the Wii series, really).

And the third are ones that tell stories. To be more specific, I particularly like the ones where the stories are kind of vague with hardly any cutscenes so that all you get of the story are from the the point of view(s) of the playable character(s) and through the dialogue (or lack of). So basically, story-heavy, but very subtle about it. The story's depth doesn't really have to be too deep - it can be shallow, too. It doesn't really matter to me what kind of game it is, whether it be a 2D action platformer, a top-down RPG, or a first-person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment