Saturday 21 October 2023

THE OLDEST VIEW...

It's been a while since I gave YouTube horror a proper watch. This time, it was The Oldest View by Kane Pixels. I watched this series during yesterday's breakfast and lunch... IT'S CREEPYY
Link to playlist
I wanna try to do my own analysis, but that's for later... 

The first video, I think, is something that you don't take literally. I think it's one of those scenarios where it all makes sense after seeing a later installment in the narrative. I'll maybe talk more about it later on my rewatch.
Hell nah...
The second video is where the main narrative begins. Some vlogger finds a hole on top of a hill. In the hole is a long flight of stairs going down and when the camera caught its first glimpse of that, it was chilling... O_O It's so uncanny. 
Like, COME ON

Anyways, here's the main things I felt:
  • Disbelief and denial (mainly along with/for the protagonist), especially at the reveal of more stairs when you turn the corner
  • There's a whole frickin' MALL down there?!
  • Perfectly captures the feelings of "I'm not meant to be here, I'm not supposed to see this"
  • Especially in the third video... MAN... O_O
  • When the lights are off... FEAR. When the lights are on... FEAR. Boy's not safe here
  • THAT STATUE...
  • The immense DOOM I felt when the stairs were blocked

No comments:

Post a Comment